Friday, April 29, 2005

Your Own Deserted Island: Isla Holbox (Mexico)

My nephew just emailed me looking for Spring Break ideas for next year. A few thing came to mind, but then I saw this article in Frommers Budget Magazine (definitely my FAVORITE travel publication) called "10 Great Islands You Never Heard Of". One of the the places is an island about 100 miles from Cancun called "Isla Holbox". It sounds pretty incredible, and cheap.

Here's a rental I found on the Island (btw, this site is great for condo/house rentals all over Mexico and the world). This hotel looks great (and it's so cheap!). And here's a comprehensive site for the rest of the Yucatan Penisula in Mexico, including ferry information for Isla Holbox (remember, this is an island). Here's a brief write-up on the island from the Frommer's site (scroll about halfway down the page).

Start planning...

Escape to the Xaloc Resort, Isla Holbox

No comments: