Thursday, November 02, 2006

Memorable Travel Reading Made Easy

When I go traveling , I often like to take along a book to read that's set in the place I'll be visiting. In fact, one of my most memorable travel experiences was riding trains through Italy reading The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone's excellent biographical novel about Michelangelo.

I recently discovered a handy website that makes finding an appropriate book for any upcoming trip extremely simple. Entitled the Vacation Book Review, this exhaustive website collects reader reviews from Amazon.com to organize its top book recommendations by geographical location. With just a few clicks, I can find literary gems about Greece, a country I'm planning to visit with friends next summer.

For a more general recommendation of great travel writing, be sure to also check out this list recently compiled by the World Hum website: Top 30 Travel Books of All Time.

Got a favorite travel book you'd like to share? Post your recommendations on the Travel Coach forums. Happy reading.

No comments: