Monday, June 27, 2005

Leave your heart in San Francisco (without losing your shirt)

I'm lucky enough to live in San Francisco, a city that's frequently named one of the world's top tourist destinations. So while I've got my own cozy home in the City by the Bay, there are hordes of tourists looking for a place to stay. And as you'd expect, hotel prices can be pretty expensive in such a popular place. But over the past few years, I've collected the names of reasonably priced accommodations to share with those interested in visiting my fair city. Mind you, I've never stayed in any of these establishments, but they all get good ratings from travelers at TripAdvisor, one of my favorite travel web sites. Here they are, listed alphabetically:

Andrews Hotel
Carlton Hotel
The Mosser
San Remo Hotel

If you're looking for a little more "cool" factor, the
Joie de Vivre hotel group has some great properties. I especially like the Phoenix Hotel (but be warned, it's in a funky part of town).

Hope to see you soon in San Francisco (don't EVER call it Frisco).

No comments: